How many hats can you wear at once? At CarrotNewYork, Account Managers have many responsibilities (and they all tend to hit at the same time). Your most important role is the effective and efficient handling of our day-to- day client work. You will be tasked with maintaining day-to-day contact, building relationships, earning trust, exceeding client goals, and generating agency revenue. As a key member of the Account team, you will work closely with our Strategy and Creative teams, clearly communicating project goals, project deadlines, organizing strategy and creative sessions, and keeping everything on budget. When there are new business opportunities, you will be asked to bring an experienced account-centric voice to our proposal, bringing our process, our capabilities and our plan into focus.
All this, and we haven’t even mentioned passion. At CarrotNewYork, our mission is to create impact through education. For 37 years, our work has reached students, teachers, families and communities in every possible channel. Our job is to create cause-related education campaigns that help people make lifelong positive changes, and none of this is possible without an account team that drives everything we do. Sound interesting? Try it on for size.
- Manages project teams on assigned client projects and proposals, including developing and maintaining project schedules, budget development, weekly projected billing forecasts, and reviewing all creative materials to align with client objectives
- Establishes and maintains trusting relationships with both new and existing client contacts
- Participates in strategic and long-term planning for client projects, and prepares strategic and communication plans
- Works with Account Supervisor, Director of Education, and VP of Client Services to expand existing projects and identify new business opportunities to pursue
- Monitors client competition and market trends
- Prepares and presents new business opportunities to existing clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to reprioritize; can work in a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Experience overseeing complex projects with multiple stakeholders, vendors, and high-quality deliverables
- Experience with budgeting and managing government contracts a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in account management working in an agency environment
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Manager application” in the subject line.
Include your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills, why working at CarrotNewYork interests you, and what you can bring to our team. Only applications with cover letters will be considered.