Are you looking to make an impact through education-based, cause-related marketing? At CarrotNewYork, we assist our clients - corporations, nonprofits, NGOs, and government agencies - in reaching billions of people with awareness, social impact, and behavior change initiatives. Our Account Managers have many responsibilities (and they all tend to hit at the same time). Your most important role is the effective and efficient handling of our client work. You will be tasked with maintaining day-to-day contact, building relationships, earning trust, exceeding client goals, and generating agency revenue. As a key member of the Account team, you will work closely with our Strategy and Creative teams, clearly communicating project goals, project deadlines, organizing strategy and creative sessions, and keeping everything on budget. When there are new business opportunities, you will be asked to bring an experienced account-centric voice to our proposal, bringing our process, our capabilities and our plan into focus.
All this, and we haven’t even mentioned passion. At CarrotNewYork, we’ve been creating social impact campaigns rooted in education innovation for 40 years. Innovation comes in an array of forms, but at CNY it is always based on sound educational principles which turn causes into action, and action into positive change in the world. None of this is possible without an Account team that drives everything we do. Sound interesting? Try it on for size.
- Manages project teams on assigned client projects and proposals, including developing and maintaining project schedules, budget development, weekly projected billing forecasts, and reviewing all creative materials to align with client objectives
- Establishes and maintains trusting relationships with both new and existing client contacts
- Participates in strategic and long-term planning for client projects, and prepares strategic and communication plans
- Works with Account Supervisor, Director of Strategy, and CMO to expand existing projects and identify new business opportunities to pursue
- Monitors client competition and market trends
- Prepares and presents new business opportunities to existing clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Flexible and able to reprioritize; can work in a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Experience overseeing complex projects with multiple stakeholders, vendors, and high-quality deliverables
- Experience with budgeting and managing government contracts a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience in account management working in an agency environment
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Manager application” in the subject line.
- Include your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills, why working at CarrotNewYork interests you, and what you can bring to our team. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
CarrotNewYork is an equal opportunity employer. We will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications solely on the basis of their qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic identity and/or expression, genetic testing and/or information, victims of domestic violence, arrest records or any other protected status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, CarrotNewYork will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CarrotNewYork will also strictly adhere to this policy of equal employment opportunity in all matters of human resource administration, including compensation, transfer, disciplinary actions and other personnel actions.
Alternatives are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact HR@carrotnewyork.com.